At Glenlyon Norfolk School’s Beach Campus work is progressing on the restoration of Francis Rattenbury’s original boathouse. Since Glenlyon School bought the property in 1935, multiple renovations, additions and successive layers of cladding had obscured the original structure and character of the building. During the deconstruction of this later work a Tudoresque heavy timber post-and-beam pavilion with interesting brackets and quatrefoil panels was revealed. LHRA's ‘resto-mod’ approach to restoring this designated heritage structure sees the original timber structure, ornament, and tongue-and-groove panels exposed, with new floor-to-ceiling windows bringing back the original pavilion-like character.
Rattenbury's boathouse revealed